Wednesday 19 September 2007

Raising awareness of ADD and ADHD in the United States

Today is ADD and ADHD Awareness Day in the United States. I have travelled from England to give a talk to help raise awareness of these conditions. This is a really big challenge in such a vast country but I hope together with Dr Ned Hallowell we will reach as many as we can in one evening!

Dr Hallowell will give an overview of alternative treatments and cover the role of exercise and nutrition in treating ADD. I will be sharing my book "Dyslexia- The Miracle Cure" and the emotional story behind the Dore Centres: I was desperate to help my daughter Susie overcome her learning difficulties, which has led me to my commitment to help so many more folk who are struggling unnecessarily.

Dr Hallowell is world-renowned for his expertise in ADHD. He is the founder of the Hallowell Center in Sudbury and is the co-author of many books on the subject of ADHD, including the best-selling "Driven to Distraction" and "Delivered from Distraction".

No comments: